Experience You Can Trust
Certified security means a reduced risk of information leaks from your business. The National Association for Information Destruction (NAID) is the only recognized certifying organization for the information destruction industry. NAID regularly and randomly audits our facilities and processes, delivering peace of mind for you that we handle your information securely. SecurShred complies with the NAID Certification Program standards for secure destruction processes including operational security, employee hiring and screening, equipment, policies and procedures, responsible disposal and insurance. SecurShred is insured and bonded in the unlikely event of any security breach. An information destruction industry specific Errors and Omissions policy additionally insures against shredding related activity security breaches.
SecurShred is NAID certified for Mobile and Plant-Based Operations for the destruction of Paper/Printed Media, Hard Drives, Solid State Drives, Non-Paper Media & Product Destruction.
NAID - NATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOR INFORMATION DESTRUCTION, INC.
For Information Destruction (NAID) since 2002.
Employee Hiring & Screening
(Includes Temporary and Outsourced Employees)
- Employees sign a confidentiality agreement
- Drivers meet all licensing requirements of the governmental jurisdiction (State for USA companies)
- Employees produce some sort of law enforcement clearance, which is kept on file. There is also a seven-year employment history on file.
- Employees are drug-screened at the time of hiring. If there is any local law, which supersedes this requirement, copy of the law must be provided. Employees are also subject to random drug screening.
- Employee credit reports are a part of the employee file before they have reached the set probationary period of not more than 30 days. If there is any local law, which supersedes this requirement, copy of the law must be provided.
- Materials are always attended by a company employee or physically secured from unauthorized access while in the custody of the destruction contractor before they are destroyed.
- All materials are contained during removal from customer to destruction vehicle to prevent loss from wind or other atmospheric conditions.
- The firm has written policies and procedures for drivers and processing employees.
- Drivers and helpers wear a specific uniform to aid in their identity (minimum of a company shirt) and wear picture ID badges.
The Destruction Process
- All trucks will have the applicable government inspection for roadworthiness on file. (Must be Claimed for AAA certification)
- All trucks will have lockable/securable cabs and lockable/securable fully enclosed boxes.
- Paper is destroyed by equipment that reduces the prominent percentage (over 90%) of the paper to particle size that fits the following specifications with no percentage being appreciably larger than the following specifications.
- Mobile shredding is performed by a Pierce and Tear shredder. Maximum width of shredded paper is 3/4 inch wide by 2 1/2 inches long.
Insurance & Company Profile Info
- NAID required general liability insurance in effect for $2,000,000 or more.(AAA Certification Option)
- SecurShred’s general liability (umbrella) insurance in effect for $5,000,000.
- SecurShred’s errors & omissions insurance in effect for $500.00.